Final Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fight

Final Fight then. One of my favourite games ever. My favourite version of this game has to be the Mega CD one and I think thats partly due to the music, which I thought hit the spot perfectly. Not sure if the music is a direct port of the arcade version or if it was remixed for the CD but it really added to the atmosphere. Of which the game was full of. Going down those dirty streets, dirty dark subways and badly lit trains - you could almost smell the piss in the corner of the doors. I really felt you were beating the crap out of this scum and giving them what they deserved, they were a bunch of cheap gang rapists that added nothing to society. Hey they should update the game where your beating up English scallys on the streets and smashing in there ****ty little 'custom' cars. That would be awesome.

I have to cut this short but please add your own thoughts and I'll try and continue later.

Agreed, a great game.

I used to play as Hagar back in my arcade days, but now I'm more about Cody. I'm playing the GBA version which is a great port imo.

Cody is great because he can use the knives as a standard weapon without throwing them. I never really understood Guy as his off the wall kick could only be used when there were onscreen objects to bounce off and it was all a bit pointless really.

The game is damn hard and ranks up there with my fave scrolling beatemups. Alien vs Predator being my fave.

Comment

I love FF - Haggar is teh daddy; I wish all town mayors were like him - forget wishy washy politics & blubbing in parliament - lose the shirt & hand out some policies piledriver style!

I play the GBA version a fair bit now - back in the day it almost made me buy a Mega CD (but not quite) for some 2-player action; but I made do my with the Super Famicom version

Comment

Possibly my favourite game of all time.......I used to use Guy in the arcades but I always use Cody now.

The the best game on my Xbox :P

Anyone else noticed u get Elisa (or whatever her name was) in a bra on Jap version intro but she has red dress on EU and US versions?

Comment

Brilliant game in the arcades, I got the famicom version as soon as it came out, was a shame to lose Guy and only be 1 player but I later got final fight Guy to play with him. It's funny by the time they released final fight 3 on the sfc they could have 2 players and more characters!

What pwned it however on the console scene for me had to be bare knuckle 2, part 1 was good also, basically you had more moves, funky music and better character interaction. It was the target renegade of it's time

Still like FF though! 8)

Comment

Good old mayor Hagger! and poor old metro city! or was it neo city? anyways this has seen so much of my lunch money when i was a kid! I agree cody was cool but guy had style! and his off wall kick can actually be used on the sides of the screen.

The Mega CD version had an extra background with a bridge for the endurance matches. I used to be able to get to Abigal on one credit, but the game isnt half frustrating! Most memorable momet has to be the ring with sodom! oh my word how exciting was that! "oh my car" instant classic moment. I luved the sound track. Especially the one on rolentos level it was socalming yet exciting at the same time!

If only you had a block button and could run! The train part is one of me fave levels also.The last guardian, the one on the wheel chair is as cheesy as hell! Still the ending was hilarious. i remmeber watching it and goin WFT!

Comment

I thought the final boss was inspired! You don't see many bosses in wheelchairs firing out what looked like crossbow bolts!

I really should get round to getting the gba version though.

Comment

there were some pretty foxy ladies in there (with handcuffs )

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                  Good old mayor Hagger! and poor old metro city! or was it neo city? anyways this has seen so much of my lunch money when i was a kid! I agree cody was cool but guy had style! and his off wall kick can actually be used on the sides of the screen.
                  How? Tell me how damit. I've tried to get him to do it off of the screne sides, but the little bugger won't play ball.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
                    Brilliant game in the arcades, I got the famicom version as soon as it came out, was a shame to lose Guy and only be 1 player but I later got final fight Guy to play with him. It's funny by the time they released final fight 3 on the sfc they could have 2 players and more characters!
                    Yeah the first SNES Final Fight game was only a 8 MEG cart so they couldnt do it, the funny thing was though by the time Final Fight Guy was released they had games that were 16 MEG carts, and could of make Final Fight Guy 2 player with 3 characters and the extra level they missed out

I always felt the Mega CD version was a tad on the slow side, well the speed at which the characters punched at seemed to be slower than the arcade.

Comment

Final Fight: For me this is the king of scrollers. The graphics are still worthy today and the whole design is perfection to every detail. My fave character is Guy, hes such a serious person, his expression says it all.

The Japanese version was the one to go for on the Snes. The western versions were censored, an article appeard in GamesTM recently about it.

Pure bonafide classic.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

It was really good when it was first released in the arcades. The SNES version took some of the best things out (2 player mode, Guy and the only level with some variation and it had a great boss). Never played the Mega Cd version.

I feel Streets of Rage 2 surpassed it though. It had a larger range of moves including powerful special moves better enemies, really good bosses and fantastic atmospheric music. The combat didn't feel as repetitive there as it did in Final Fight.

Comment

Yeah I agree on some of those points there Shoju, but for me Final Fight still looks the better gem in my eye because of that atmosphere I was talking about. I really missed Adam in SOR2, the new wrestler and the skinny kid on skates weren't pleasing to my eye. There were some great bosses, I particulary liked beating the crap out of the 2 fatties in the stadium. SOR2 was a long game though, don't get me wrong, I loved SOR 1 & 2 (3 was baaaaad) but it did become a chore for me eventually. For me FF was shorter and thus the gaming experiance was less diluted & compact. Anybody got any pictures of the fatties I'm talking about?

Comment

im not sure if i should say this... but... when playing link up FF on GBA it did seem rather repetitive, example.
                              Enemy walks on screen = walk near him and press B (fast)
                              Man falls over = walk to him and press B (faster)
                              Repeat and if enemy falls of screen = walk to edge of screen and press B (fastest)
                              The bosses were a lot better IMO but i really used to love this game back in the day and it just seemed so boring to play now. anyhow, as for characterisation it was great but thats pretty much already been said.

Comment

Working...
                              X