Sega Ages Afterburner 2 - PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Ages Afterburner 2 - PS2

Ah another soon to be released classic comes home - well apparently is should be out in Japan now!

After the release of Virtua Racing Flat-out, which i'm pretty happy with - Afterburner 2 makes it to PS2 - finally, a perfect arcade version with additional extras?

It certainly looks more polished, i hope they include the original arcade version as well! - GET READY!:

If the game has been re-done in 3D then it won't be arcade perfect, but it does seem like a faithful remake. Those shots look nice to me

I received Virtua Racing yesterday, and I'm pleased with it too.

Comment

Heehe - can't wait!

Comment

Thunderblade Please!!!!

Comment

Don't look to bad.
          I suspect that inlcude both orignal and 'new' texture versions, like Space
          Harrier.
          I suspect all they did was mapped the orignal games poly's with slight more detailed textues.

And I too would love to see Thunderblade.

Comment

The original After Burner didn't use polygons.

Sprite based hardware completely.

And speaking of new Sega Ages range, anyone seen any recent screens of OutRun eyt.

That was looking truly hideous.

Comment

Comment

Well, it's getting there I 'spose.

Still not sure about that car model though. Looks far too chunky to me compared to the original gam's sleek number.

Comment

Heh, outrun is looking more like lotus esprit turbo challenge 2.

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
                    Heh, outrun is looking more like lotus esprit turbo challenge 2.
                    Your right, it looks just like the old Amiga classic.

No 2player though, which gives Lotus the advantage.

Comment

Anyone played/got the previous Sega Ages series on PS2?, as I seen Golden Axe, Space Harrier et co available at play-asia, what's the verdict on them?

Comment

The quality of the games is variable to say the least.

Phantasy Star is useless if you don't understand Japanese.

Monaco GP is fun but repetitive.

Fantasy Zone is a lot fun and I still play it now and then. Cool vibrant updated graphics as well

Space Harrior is average.

Golden Axe is a crime against gaming.

Bonanza Bros & Tanto R is great. I found Bonanza Bros to be a solid update and enjoyed playing it immensely.

Columns is Columns. A pointless update.

Virtua Racing is incredible. The best in the Sega Ages range so far.

Not played Gain Ground yet

Comment

Gain Ground - it really didn`t turn out all that well, shoddy collission, average graphics...

Fist of the north star - graphics are quite interesting, the game play is just too simple though and it becomes boring. The Mark 3 version is also included.

Afterburner 2 - not bad ! the graphics are very nice, 60fps, but with an (intentional?) foggy skyline - i quess in the original planes just did sort of appear on the horizon. The controls are a bit twitchy though. The music is fantastic though - not sure if it is just the original with sounds tweaked or slightly remixed. You can also play the game with different planes (stealth fighter, A10, and a couple of others).

Comment

hopefully they'll release these in packs in the west eventually, especially if some are avearge/poor as I'd like to own them all, but wudn't want to buy stuff like Goldenaxe seperately.

Comment

Gain Ground was **** in the first place though, so no big loss. What is that Fist of the North Star game though? I checked out some of the screenshots and it certainly doesn't look like that diabolical Megadrive creation. Afterburner looks a bit like a cross between the original and Sky Target. I actually liked Sky Target (which makes me the only person on Earth who does so, I think) so that's rather interesting to me.

Apparently some of these have been picked up for PAL release though. I'd love to get my hands on an excuse to play Phantasy Star again... although all I really care about is the Last Bronx remake

Comment

Working...
                              X