Atari 2600 music sequencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari 2600 music sequencer

This is very cool, Paul Slocum has written cartridge based music sequencers for the Atari 2600 and C64, with live performance in mind:

Paul is in a band called tree wave that use a 2600 and two C64s, as well as a specially programmed dot matrix printer! Their website is here, including mp3 downloads:

He also wrote Marble Craze, the 2D 2600 Monkey Ball alike:

no one interested in this? some of the mp3s are amazing, especially the dot matrix printer synth:

Comment

I'm interested! That stuff is fantastic. What sort of warped mind decides to turn a dot matrix printer into a synth?

Even the VCS stuff is tops, John Peel would play it.

Comment

Originally posted by mr-monday
        What sort of warped mind decides to turn a dot matrix printer into a synth?

sounds amazing, doesn't it. Must have taken a lot of work to do too, reverse engineering the printer's bios and all.

Comment

thats pretty cool i will have to have a proper look later

Comment

Papercut, man - where do you find these things? That's so cool.

I want to use these to make my own tunes (I already do my own music). I'm particularly interested in the C64 one for nostalgia reasons...

Comment

I've got a C64 keyboard attachment somewhere in the loft, think some of the notes were missing tho, I got it free with a broken C64 + loads of games tho so can't moan, bought a revised C64 with much nicer case and jobs a good'un!

Comment

Working...
              X