Final Fantasy X-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy X-2

Well, been a Square fan that I am, I am greatly looking foward to this direct sequel to FFX. Here is IGN's take:

Very high score if you ask me, still I am looking foward to it.

Hmmm the score looks far too high to me (then again it is ign) but nevertheless I'm sure this will be an entertaining game.

Personally I'm more looking forward to FF:CC

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to X-2 more than Crystal Chronicles, just because it's truer to the Final Fantasy series than the more 'action spin-off' oriented CC...

Comment

FF:CC is a very nice game, but it's just too shallow in single player. And getting 2-4 mates round with GBA's is pretty damn hard if you want to give it a good going over.

FFX-2 though, I personally can't wait for this one. FFX is my game of this generation, finished it twice with 120hours each time...and I still didn't get all the ultimate weapons! (Damn, getting <0 seconds in that chocobo race was a bitch!).

Plus it starts with a j-pop scene! r0x0r!

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
          (Damn, getting <0 seconds in that chocobo race was a bitch!).
          I did that recently with 0 seconds but still didn't get the reward! I think I'll go back and just kill as many Dark Aeons as possible and then do the bosses in time for the release of X-2...

Comment

Originally posted by sandwiches
            Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
            (Damn, getting <0 seconds in that chocobo race was a bitch!).
            I did that recently with 0 seconds but still didn't get the reward! I think I'll go back and just kill as many Dark Aeons as possible and then do the bosses in time for the release of X-2...
            After hours and hours I did get <0 in that Chocobo challange (damn those ballons!). The Dark Aeons were tough as ****

Comment

So the game uses the save from FF10? I'm just thinking wether if I should wait for the International version or just get this instead.

Comment

Originally posted by MrDark
                So the game uses the save from FF10? I'm just thinking wether if I should wait for the International version or just get this instead.
                According to the IGN review it doesn't use the FFX save....

Comment

Good, because I've got my PS2 chipped since playing FFX... (buying a US FFX-2, played and still own a PAL FFX)

Comment

Comment

I'm so there, the OPM demo was pretty tight... the only thing is should I get this one or wait for the International one with more stuff. The jumping bits weren't too bad. Still I pray for the day Squenix abandons random battles!

Comment

The international version is going to be based on the US version, which already has some improvements over the original Jap release

Comment

Yes and it will have two more additional costumes and an extra mission as well I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Che Musashi
                            Yes and it will have two more additional costumes and an extra mission as well I believe.
                            In light of other bonuses for European gamers this is yet another reason to buy PAL software Now if only they'd do a decent borderless conversion with a PAL60 mode...

Comment

I got on the PSM2 DVD a while back for beating the dark aeons! It shows me Zantetsukening them (or whatever the FF10 equivalent is, I can't remember!). I made Yojimbo really really friendly with me and he used it all the time, it was pro! And I managed the Chocobo race twice, once for my save (after only a few hours' practice) and once for a mates save (after only like, 5 minutes )

Comment

Working...
                              X