Saturn Spindle problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn Spindle problems.

I've obained a sega saturn, however it has one small problem. It boots fine, but the drive spindle isn't spinning, no matter what I do to the thing.

Saturn has been 50/60Hz switched, and modded.

Has anyone else had similar problems of any kind? And possibly a solution? I've had the same thing happen to a PS1 before, which was a simple fix. I thought I'd try to get someone elses opinion before looking at it myself

Ta in advance for any help.

My Jap White Saturn has done this a couple of times.

Each time i've taken the lid off and reseated all the ribbon cables and connectors etc and its then started to work fine again. I suspect its the ribbon cable to the front right of the laser assembly that causes the problem to be honest and next time it goes tits up i'm gonna try cleaning and reseating that one first.

I've no idea why it does it though. Its prefectly clean and dust free (i'm anal in that respect 8) ) and it did it first on the day i bought it brand new!

Give that a go and good luck.

Comment

Thanks mate, I'll give that a try and get back to you

Since it had just been in transit, I suspected as much, as a knock or something could quite easily have un-plugged a ribbon cable.

Anyway, time to try it!

Comment

It works nicely, thankyou very much sir !

It appeared that when fitting the mod-chip, the ribbon cable had not been put in properly, so it fell out.

Time to get some saturn gaming done!

Comment

Cool

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
          X