TV RGB desync problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV RGB desync problem

I've just started using RGB on my TV and my new DVD player. Before I was using svideo via my component switching AV amp on all my devices and everything was fine. On DVD playback, when there is a sudden flash or change in screen colour, the TV looks like it it doesnt know where to put the picture. It flickers and sometime fuzzes sideways before snapping back. I thought it might be the DVD player, but I have also noticed it on my new RGB GC cable, when it switches from the dark GC intro screen to the bright white loading screen on beach spikers. Is my TV screwed? The DVD picture and sound is astonishing, but this glitch is annoying. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's annoying. I tried the new dvd player with svideo output and it seems ok.
    I am hoping to try a different dvd player soon, but any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Sounds like the the RGB levels are slightly too high, happened a lot on the Neo Geo where a white screen would warp and bend. Some low uF caps on the RGB lines should solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X