Premier League 2015/16 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premier League 2015/16 general thread

The fixtures for the new season have been released already! Get your conspiracy theories ready for why your team has been uniquely shafted by the fixture computer

The opening day matches on 8th August:

Arsenal v West Ham
    Bournemouth v Aston Villa
    Chelsea v Swansea
    Everton v Watford
    Leicester v Sunderland
    Man Utd v Tottenham
    Newcastle v Southampton
    Norwich v Crystal Palace
    Stoke v Liverpool
    West Brom v Man City

And the full fixture list for the entire season.

Looked through the fixtures for Man Utd and the only Sunday fixture is the last day of the season, at Old Trafford, against Bournemouth.

There's a game on my birthday next year too, at Old Trafford, versus Leicester, which is cool. Unless we lose then I'll never hear the end of it. Lots of extended family in Leicester.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Looked through the fixtures for Man Utd and the only Sunday fixture is the last day of the season, at Old Trafford, against Bournemouth.

There's a game on my birthday next year too, at Old Trafford, versus Leicester, which is cool. Unless we lose then I'll never hear the end of it. Lots of extended family in Leicester.
      You will probably find that Man Utd will end up having a few games on Sunday's, Sky/BT Sport have yet to pick their respective live TV games so fixtures will move round, notice that there are only a few confirmed midweek fixtures but no Monday night games for this same reason.

Comment

Some are likely to get moved due to teams playing in Europe as well. At least six Spurs matches will be moved once our Europa League group stage matches are confirmed.

I would have booked up train tickets for Spurs away to Man Utd today, but I'm certain that it'll be televised and moved to either Sunday or Monday. No doubt that by the time the match day is confirmed all the cheap advance train tickets will have sold out.

Comment

I'm hoping to get tickets to the game on my birthday. My wife's cousin is a Leicester fan so maybe I'll go with him.

We'll sit with the Utd fans of course.

Comment

Might head to Bournemouth on opening day...hopefully the trip goes more smoothly than Blackpool did the other year. Fighty scamps they are up there

More seaside towns need premier league teams imo

Comment

Ohh, Fabian Delph, you cad, you bounder. Six days after pulling out of a move to Man City and releasing a statement committing his future to Villa, with Tim Sherwood praising his loyalty on a youtube video... he signs for Man City!

Comment

And if benteke goes I fear for Villa next season

Comment

I don't get it...if he'd left last week everyone would've shrugged and said fair enough. Now he just looks like a ****. Must have been a fair few more zeroes added to the offer this week.

Hope the sub's bench is comfy at the Etihad.

Comment

I think it's more to do with the fact that Benteke is leaving, so him comitting his future to a club without their powerful striker up front and the idea of going down next season without him, put doubts in his mind. But yeah, the extra zeros on that pay check helps

Comment

Another example of a wasteful move by an English player who simply isn't good enough for regular first team action at City. See: Rodwell and Sinclair. A career suicide move, he'll spend more time tweezering splinters from his arse cheeks than playing. There to fulfil a quota.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                        And if benteke goes I fear for Villa next season
                        Not so sure about that, tbh.

Benteke sale (as much as I'm an LFC who thinks that he deffo isn't worth ?32.5m) and Delph sale to Man City will net Villa ?40m.

If Villa re-invest the money in the team and squad wisely a la Southampton, they could improve.

Comment

I think Villa are screwed...the difference between us and Southampton getting harvested by the bigger teams is they were a good team...we finished 17th and now have had the spine of the team ripped out. Unless all the kids we are picking up are all really good that is. But that's unlikely.

Football these days is like any other TV show...no link with the fans. It's hard to really care anymore when stuff like this happens.

Especially as the Villa TV show is basically Game of thrones /

Comment

Think you're going OTT there . Its not big shock to see a player leave a club that seems to have no ambition to one where the player thinks he might win something and get more money too.

Comment

Had a month off from the forum...I must say I am disappointed by the lack of a Prinny rant in this thread

Comment

Working...
                              X