My VERY rare Famicom board game up for auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My VERY rare Famicom board game up for auction

I brought home a Bandai Famicom Disk System traditional board game from Japan in 2012.

When I tried to find any information on it, all I could find was the following:

135 different board games were released as part of a series called 'Joy Party' (may well be a bad case of Google Translate going on there with that title!).

This particular board is in literally mint condition. In fact I don't think it's ever been used, everything looks like it's not been touched since it's release in 1986. All the bags with the pieces etc are still sealed, the play board itself is unmarked and looks brand new.

The game it is based on is called 謎の村雨城ゲーム or, Nazo no Murasamejou geemu and was initially a Famicom Disk System game. It is number 63 out of the 135 different games released in the series.

The only other interesting fact I can dig up on this was from an obscure Japanese collectors website where one person revealed it took them over 20 years to find even one of these games (it was gathering dust in an old toy shop in Japan according to the person that wrote that, again though, I may be let down by Google Translate here).

Anyway, it's up for auction and hopefully it will go to a home where it will be fully appreciated!

Thanks for reading.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/151129502150

Wow. Looks great.

Comment

Working...
    X