Foreign football 2012-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign football 2012-13

New La Liga season started today. Real Madrid vs Valencia finished 1-1 and wasn't an amazing match, but Barca vs Sociedad has had four goals in the first 15 mins 3-1 to Barca, Messi on fire as usual. Will be good to see the Barca response to losing their title to Real Madrid last season.

Didn't see any of LA liga this weekend but I laughed at money bags PSG scraping another draw.

Comment

Athletic 3-5 Real Betis was a cracking, crazy match. Betis were 3-0 up at half-time, Athletic pulled it back to 3-3, only to then run out of steam and concede twice in the last ten minutes.

Comment

Low key start to Serie A this weekend (in the televised matches at least) although good to see Sampdoria upset Milan. Gonna be a struggle for Milan this season, trying to balance the books has really cut into the quality of their team.

Okay Madrid derby between Getafe and Real, which has just kicked up a notch with Getafe taking a 2-1 lead! Should be a good final 15 minutes.

Getafe held on, iffy start to the season for Real Madrid! Another draw for moneybags PSG too, shame
        Last edited by EJG1980; 26-08-2012, 21:00.

Comment

Real Madrid are ripping Barca to pieces so far in the Super Cup second leg. 2-0 already and could have been 4-0 easily!

Barca down to ten men now too. Looooong way back from this.

Fantastic free kick from Messi right before half time, second half should be good.
          Last edited by EJG1980; 29-08-2012, 21:36.

Comment

Bologna vs Milan has been an excellent match so far. Diamanti is a great player to watch when he's on song. 1-1.

Comment

Inter vs Roma was good tonight. 3-1 to Roma, second and third goals were brilliant, great display from Totti too with a couple of assists and some beautiful flicks and passes. Roma are lovely to watch again with Zeman back as manager, they kept on attacking for the whole ninety minutes. Time for the end of the Barca match!

Comment

There seems to be a Real vs Barca match every other week recently, so I'm going with the Milan derby tonight. 1-0 to Inter already, should be 2, Milan look all over the place.

Comment

Milan suck ass at the minute, I don't know how they thought they were going to get away with offloading three of their best players.

Comment

Milan derby was an ok watch last night. I don't like Spanish football but the Italian footy has some spiteful tackling at times

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      Milan suck ass at the minute, I don't know how they thought they were going to get away with offloading three of their best players.
                      Too many years of overspending and not looking after the finances (and Berlusconi's media empire is in trouble so he's not pumping in the cash anymore). Now, with FFP looming, they're trying to get themselves into a decent financial position but they're having to sell the family silver to do it. If they'd been sensible they would have started years ago and got the finances under control gradually.

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      Milan derby was an ok watch last night. I don't like Spanish football but the Italian footy has some spiteful tackling at times
                      Aye, decent match but not a classic, both sides are going through a phase of rebuilding so it's not quite the superpower contest it used to be. Milan should have got a draw after Inter went down to ten men, such wasteful finishing!

Comment

Inter have looked ok this season, better since the switch to three at the back, but are hardly setting the world alight. Juventus and Napoli look a class above the rest of Serie A at the moment. Milan have been pretty dreadful and it wouldn't be at all surprising to see them finish outside the top six.

Comment

Which is quite ironic as it was Inter's inability to adopt to Gasperini's back three that led to their poor form and him getting the sack last season.

I'd love to see Napoli win the league but I think over the long haul of the season Juve should do it. I see them as more likely to pick up points in matches where they're playing poorly and need to grind out a win. Napoli have a good shot though.

Comment

Milan getting absolutely pumped by Lazio, great atmoshere in Rome. 3-0 after 50 minutes and Milan could be in real trouble this season, they were only two points above the drop zone before this match.

I jinxed Lazio 3-2 now with 10 mins left. Really good match.
                            Last edited by EJG1980; 20-10-2012, 20:23.

Comment

Another great match tonight, even better than last night (unless you're a fan of solid defending). Genoa 2-3 Roma after an hour, Roma coming back from 2-0 behind. Their attacking play is a joy to watch at times, since Zeman has returned as manager.

On another note, I love Stadio Marassi, probably my favourite stadium in world football.

Finished 2-4 (as I'm sure the many readers of this thread will want to know )
                              Last edited by EJG1980; 21-10-2012, 20:38.

Comment

Working...
                              X