Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Premier League club should you support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Premier League club should you support?

Found this on a Sunderland fan site - made me chuckle.

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
    Found this on a Sunderland fan site - made me chuckle.

http://salutsunderland.com/wp-conten...mily-chart.jpg
    Looks right still pains me to say that considering where it came from I'm amazed the spelling is right

Comment

Aparently I should support sunderland .

Comment

I ended up with Villa

A couple of steps away from Spurs and the "Do you live in the REALLY distant past" question turned me in the wrong direction. I dispute them putting us in the same section as Newcastle "last won a trophy in 1955" United!

Comment

Your local team.

Comment

I was so scared it would get me to Manchester Utd. Thank god it didn't, Wigan.
            I'll take every team in the world bar UTD.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
              Your local team.
              There's a web site where you can enter your postcode and it'll tell you who the closest football teams to you are.

I'm only 14 miles from Spurs but should be branded a filthy glory hunter as they're only the 9th closest club to where I live, with Watford, Brentford, QPR, Barnet, Fulham, Chelsea (who were crap when I started supporting Spurs) and AFC Wimbledon all closer. Arsenal are also closer but I don't think you can be accused of glory hunting by choosing Spurs ahead of Arsenal

In my defence I inherited my support for Spurs from my Dad, and he was born just over a couple of miles away from them. Although I think Leyton Orient may have been a tiny bit closer... bah, can't escape the glory hunting!

Comment

I'd say the local team *where you grew up* is fairer. I haven't lived in Nottingham for nearly 20 years now, but I'm not shifting away to support someone local to me now... (nearest league team to me are Aldershot and quite frankly screw that, think I'd rather support Woking or Guildford City... Nearest champ team is Reading, nearest Prem is Fulham).

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                  I'd say the local team *where you grew up* is fairer. I haven't lived in Nottingham for nearly 20 years now, but I'm not shifting away to support someone local to me now...
                  Very true. So that site will tell you how much of a glory hunter you are, or, how far you've moved since you were a kid

Comment

Start :-

Are you from Manchester - NO - Have you ever been to Old Trafford - NO. Your team is Manchester Utd.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post

Are you from Manchester - NO - Have you ever been to Old Trafford - NO. Your team is Manchester Utd.
                      LOL you do have to take Man Utd 'fans' with a pinch of salt. The website that HE linked has Burnley FC at 0.15 miles from where I spent the first 18 years of my life, though though really it is less than 100 yards distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                        I'd say the local team *where you grew up* is fairer. I haven't lived in Nottingham for nearly 20 years now, but I'm not shifting away to support someone local to me now... (nearest league team to me are Aldershot and quite frankly screw that, think I'd rather support Woking or Guildford City... Nearest champ team is Reading, nearest Prem is Fulham).
                        I don't support & never have supported a Premiership Team.
                        My closest football league team is Southend United & I've supported them since I was in senior school.

My dad is a gooner (Born & lived within spitting distance of Highbury until they moved to Basildon in 1976) so I've had something of a passing interest in Arsenal all my life & have been to Highbury & the Emirates on more than one occasion but I just bring myself to support them when I live so close to Southend United & can get to any game I like whenever I like & see some good football at a club that needs the support.

No glory hunting going on here lol

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post

LOL! this.

Also the last question would be: Did your parents or grandparents ever grow up, or go anywhere near manchester - NO.

For me personally the only premier league team i have any affiliation with is stoke as my dad was born there, and i lived there as a youth for 8 years, but honestly apart from that....i like to back underdogs or teams that are emerging forces that current glory hunters dislike. So man city then lol.

Doesnt help that many of my neighbours have never even seen manchester, even in pictures, yet have UTD stickers on their wheely bins lol.

I do like spurs for the brave, classy football they like to play mind. Like a breath of fresh air in this league at the moment.
                          Last edited by PaTaito; 24-02-2012, 21:13.

Comment

I'm only teasing with the UTD thing, just a bit of banter in good humour

Comment

Working...
                            X