Imported DS games language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported DS games language

Someone in Montreal wants to buy a game off me and asked if it would be in French. It's an EU game, doesn't ask for language at the start so I assumed if someone in Europe had the game it would default to their language since it includes all the languages in the booklet.

Would people in Montreal have a French DS or would it just be a US one and display in English? I don't know how seriously French speaking is treated in Canada.

Some games autoswitch to the language that you set your ds to, if the box shows the multi language mark on the back & it doesn't have an option to switch in the game then chances are it's an autoswitching game.

if you have a ds lite try switching the language settings to french & running the game. Obviously if they have a dsi or a dsi xl then you can't do that so it would go on the language of the ds they had.

Comment

You can probably set your DS to French and test it

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
        You can probably set your DS to French and test it
        This.

He's asking because Canadian games have to state that they are bilingual, english only or francophone.

Comment

I didn't know I could set my DS to French so tried it. The game is Ghost Trick and when booted it up noticed a language setting anyway, doh!

Thanks tho!

Comment

Working...
          X