Best version of Lemmings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best version of Lemmings?

Any Lemmings fans here? I was wondering what people think is the definitive version - which game, which system? I mean, obviously, the answer is Lemmings 3D on the playstation, but just for the sake of argument...

Amiga for me. It came free with the first one I bought, the "cartoon classics pack" I think it was. Got absolutely addicted to it.

Comment

I hate to be the usual 'Original is best' guy, but the Amiga version of Lemmings should win this hands down no contest.

Coming from the original, Lemmings 3D was nothing but a poorly executed mess of something trying to break into the 3D gimmick of the 90s.

Comment

I was expecting this, really. I seriously need to get an Amiga! There's also a tonne of point and clickers waiting for me. Is Lemmings & Oh No More Lemmings any good? And does it work with the mouse? (I actually asked for that game for Christmas YEARS ago, but I got given Lemmings 3D instead )

Comment

Acorn 32-bit one. The music was superb.

Comment

Surely the Game Boy version deserves a mention, just for the killer pause music

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
              I was expecting this, really. I seriously need to get an Amiga! There's also a tonne of point and clickers waiting for me.
              Yes, yes you do... Once you have a HD set up with WHDLoad, you'll be in heaven. Forget floppy disks, just load games into memory from the HD and enjoy!

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
              Is Lemmings & Oh No More Lemmings any good? And does it work with the mouse? (I actually asked for that game for Christmas YEARS ago, but I got given Lemmings 3D instead )
              If you mean the PS1 port, it's as you'd expect. Not as good as the original
              It does however work with the PS1 Mouse!

Comment

One more for archimedes

Comment

Amiga all the way with:

Lemmings, Oh No More Lemmings, Lemmings 2: The Tribes, The four versions of Christmas Lemmings (Two are retail) and All new world of Lemmings.

PS2 release of Lemmings is pretty good as well but missing some classic music and stages, Lemmings Revolution is a nice PC game as well.

3D lemmings is ok on PS and Saturn, SNES version of Lemmings have a ton of exclusive stages not found on any other version.

Oh and Lemmings 2 on the SNES also supported the scope in secret and let you shoot Lemmings!

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                    Oh and Lemmings 2 on the SNES also supported the scope in secret and let you shoot Lemmings!
                    Cool! I'll have to try that out. Now excuse me while I go sell a kidney to finance some AA batteries.

Comment

One of my vids showing the music, hope it works as I always muck up youtube links.

Comment

Amiga. Classic.

Comment

Archie version gets my vote as well.

Comment

As nearly everyone else has said the original game is the best (and the amiga one was the best version I guess?).

Nothing that came after it really had half the amount of charm and the level design was often over completlicated and/or just lacking in imagination.

I did enjoy the PSN game that was released a few years back, but that still didnt quite have the magic that the original had in spades.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 15-09-2010, 23:33.

Comment

2P mode on Lemmings 2 on the SNES. Play nice or play nasty. Great fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X