Where to watch the world cup online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to watch the world cup online?

Im going to be at work for some of the world cup games, im sure many of us are, but I really cant do with missing anything, is there anywhere it can be seen online?

I imagine the BBC will have it, but at work our web comes through holland so any BBC stuff gets lamed by not available in your territory, where else could it be seen?

Cheers!

itv announced yesterday (but haven't release) an iphone app which will stream ITV1 over 3g, could be handy if it works and you have an iphone.

Comment

At home? Luckily most of the England games in the early stages are after 5pm. There's only that one on the 23rd (I think) that kicks off at 3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
        itv announced yesterday (but haven't release) an iphone app which will stream ITV1 over 3g, could be handy if it works and you have an iphone.
        Might be worth checking any data caps on your phone contract before doing this. O2 got really pissy with me and threatened to cut off my 3G connection when I streamed Match of the Day while I was at work a few times. Apparently 'unlimited' doesn't mean unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
          At home? Luckily most of the England games in the early stages are after 5pm. There's only that one on the 23rd (I think) that kicks off at 3pm.
          I have to watch every match, really, every one.

Comment

I know a good stream site but it's of quesitonable legality...

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
              I know a good stream site but it's of quesitonable legality...
              If I need to use sopcast etc im gonna be outta luck as i'll be using a work PC, eek!

Comment

If your proxy routes via Holland, have a dig around and see whether any Dutch TV companies will be streaming online...

Comment

Buy a 22 inch Flatscreen TV and pretend you use it for two screen work. Assuming you can get away with it

Comment

tvcatchup.com on the iphone (and ipad - probably other devices).

No idea who pays for it, but it works you just have to sign up.

Seems to work o.k. for me on my iPhone on 3G (on 02), no doubt the service will get a hammering during the World Cup.

Comment

Anyone know somewhere online that's going to be showing the 'friendly' today?

Comment

TV Catchup lets you watch UK Freeview channels in your browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                          Anyone know somewhere online that's going to be showing the 'friendly' today?
                          The BBC website, I think

Comment

So it is, awesome.

Comment

I got a plug in for chrome called proxy switchy, but i cant access proxy-list.com from work, does anyone have details of a proxy that will work please! Needs help!

Comment

Working...
                              X